Thursday 14 July 2016

"DJ Manwell + 2" Turntablism Video & performance mixer "review"



Check. This. Out... Now....Seriously....




Since my love for the DJ battle scene got rejuvenated in the last few years, one of the DJ's that impressed me most was the new addition to the Serato roster, DJ Manwell.

Serious serious all-round skills, you'd do well to find an area of turntablism he didn't excel in. Well worth following on Instagram and various social media as he's regularly (like churning these out every day?!) posting dope routines.

An alternative-style mixer "review" - Skills second to none and wicked creative video editing....It's the dj-related video of the year for me without a doubt!

Follow on - Facebook , Twitter
Dj Manwell + 2To your right, and my left I have the Rane 62. In the middle I have the the Pioneer S9, and to your left, and my right I have the recently released Mixars Duo. I was compelled to make this video because I get hit up quite often to give my opinion on which mixer is better, and I always have a difficult time trying to answer that question. So stating the obvious each mixer of course has a different layout, and because of that I noticed that on each set up it changed my approach, technique, as well as thought processes. Personally the process that I enjoyed the most was with the Pioneer S9. I have an aggressive style, and I feel that it definitely enhances that. At the end of the day these are all very capable tools, it really boils down to what weapon is right for your style. So know your needs, and choose wisely because I know these weapons aren't cheap! #gopro #gopromusic #djmanwell #madlib #slimsreturn #madlibshadesofblue #shadesofblue #bluenote #losangeles #jazz #funk #funky #rythemandblues #pioneer #pioneerdj #pioneerdjusa #pioneers9 #rane #rane62 #mixars #mixarsduo #turntablelist #turntablist #tablelist #tablist #turntablism #beatjuggle #beatjuggles #beatjuggling #serato
Posted by DJ Manwell on Thursday, July 14, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment