Friday 8 July 2016

Radio One Rap Show with Tim Westwood (UK) - May 1999 (#'s 135 &136)


First of a bucketload of old tape rips I'll be uploading eventually. I kind of underestimated how long it will take but I will do my best to get them all on here!

 
Not sure of the exact date, but it's a Saturday night show from May 1999 I think.

Part 1 - Someone's cutting up doubles from the beginning but it doesn't say who. There's a shout out mentioning DJ Scratch (of EPMD fame) so it could be a previous recording of him on the show.

Plenty of variety in the tracks so it's a good listen and not just DMX all night, and contains one of the easier Break to the Beat competitions.



DL Link (192 kbps)
  

Part 2 - Pretty sure this is still the same show. Very much RnB until the last 15 mins or so when there's a bit of a Boot Camp Click medley. Some comical flirting with the caller at the beginning too!




DL Link (192 kbps)

No comments:

Post a Comment