Tuesday 16 August 2016

(1995) Backyard Jam in Hip Hop Connection Issue #77 July 1995 (miscellaneous scans)

Wow, just found a nice bit of nostalgia - Having grown up in Hastings, I have some great memories of going twice to this event; I knew people travelled from far and wide for it (not many other reasons to come to Hastings!) but didn't remember it attracted the likes of Matt Hoffman....
 
Don't remember much from the day other than some seriously gutsy riders going headlong off the massive dirt jump, but remember good tunes all day long. I would have only just turned 15, hearing a DJ play cool music aside from the crap that you normally heard in that town at a live event was kind of inspiring..

Now I see that was courtesy of First Down's Craig Campbell... (renowned for their album Mad Dogs and Englishmen)

Interesting read I found on Craig here

If anyone has any better memories of the event, please leave in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment